Certified Anger Management Therapist
More than 30 years of experience helping individuals and couples with anger issues
- Our program satisfies court and probation anger management requirements
- Clients have the option to meet with a counselor individually or in group classes
- Clients may choose neurofeedback if they do not want to engage in therapy at all
- We offer affordable pricing and flexible hours during the daytime and evenings
Listen to how we help people with anger issues and what you can expect from our classes.
Who needs anger management classes?
For roughly 20% of the population, chronic anger is a very real but solvable problem. If you are among that 20% and anger is getting in the way of your values, goals, relationships or your ability to succeed at work, make an appointment today. I work with clients seeking elective and court-ordered anger management counseling.
How does anger management work?
Using the latest psychological research, technology and problem-solving techniques, I will help you to:
- Relax – Learn to relax with a mix of traditional, computer-aided, and biofeedback technologies.
- Manage Your Physiological Response – Regain control of your anger, Understand how anger affects your body and how it impairs your ability to problem solve and process information.
- Identify the Root Causes of Anger – Discover the underlying causes of anger including resentment, entitlement, toxic anger and addictive cycles.
- Focus on Compassion – Anger and compassion are incompatible. Focusing on compassion will help you dissipate your anger.
- Learn Skills for Managing Your Anger – There is a difference between feeling your anger and expressing your anger, You will learn ways to avoid acting out in a rage when experiencing angry feelings.
- Develop Assertiveness and Problem-Solving Skills – Anger is a response to a problem, never its solution. You will learn effective skills that enable you to gain control of you life and act according to what’s really important to you.
Techniques That Work
Using the newest and latest problem-solving techniques, I teach self-management of toxic and chronic anger through redirection of uncontrolled feelings.
I will help you identify the difference between healthy and toxic anger. You will learn effective skills that enable you to gain control of your life and act on what’s really important to you.
If you prefer not to enter a talk therapy anger management program, I also offer neurofeedback, which gives you computer-assisted feedback of your brain activity that is causing your anger. We have had excellent results with many clients who simply do not want any form of therapy and just want to stop their angry outbursts without dealing with the root causes of their anger. Therapy is not for everyone, but nobody needs to carry around anger with them that wreaks havoc on relationships at home and at work. Sometimes our clients just want to learn how to calm their brain activity that has become habitual after years of allowing themselves to over-react to stressors.
I offer classes and individual sessions. If you cannot afford my rates, my assistant, Nicole Mckinney, can treat you at a lower rate. Nicole is directly supervised by me and she is a Ph.D. candidate at Drexel University. You can learn more about Nicole on our About Us page.
Nuerofeedback costs 1000 dollars for 10 sessions and is often less expensive than individual therapy sessions, and is about the same cost as group therapy
Upon Completion Of This Program, You Will Be Better Able To:
- Save your mind and body from out-of-control emotions
- Understand how to resolve resentment
- Replace blame and anger with compassion for yourself and others
- Prevent rage from overtaking you.
- Experience conflict with more serenity and perspective
- Graduate with a certificate that satisfies court, employer and school requirements